Here are some things that made me happy in the past week:
– We ate a DELICIOUS dinner at A Mano in Mattituck tonight. Wow. The butternut squash ravioli made me happy, the chocolate torte made me swoon, but the few sips of Matt’s glass of 2009 Sauvignon Blanc from Paumanok Vineyards made me nearly implode with joy. So light, fresh, cool, and lovely.
– We received our gas and electric bills yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised to see this from National Grid:
They owe US money – suckers! Keeping the heat at 60 when we’re sleeping or not home has its perks! In case you’re wondering, we keep a space heater in the kitchen for Baxter. And to answer your next question, No, it did not raise our electric bill.
– The Today Show’s story about a gorilla who walks on two legs is fascinating and freaky!
– I’ve been looking around for a vintage-y looking poster to hang in the baby’s room and I think this one from Poster Corner might be the winner.
– Sandwich #2 from Press 195. They have locations in Park Slope, Bayside, and Rockville Centre. I took Matt here after he shoveled for three hours on Thursday. The turkey, brie, roasted red pepper and garlic panini was definitely worth braving the snow. Worst website, best sandwiches. And beer. And sangria.
– Here are few more blogs I’ve added to my daily clicks:
A Cup of Jo – Joanna Goddard has great taste and a super cute baby.
Thx Thx Thx – Leah writes a thank you note a day. Some are to people, often strangers, some are to words, ideas, events, places, etc. Here is a recent one:
Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!